Tribute to my Sister

It is now 2am and I cannot sleep. My mind keeps going over the assignments I need to hand in on Tuesday. I keep wondering about the rocks in my head that made me decide to become an estate agent and have to study the NQF4 to qualify as an estate agent. I have not had to study since I left school (I just turned 49, you do the maths) and even then I did my best not to do to much. Not that I was stupid or slow, I just knew everything anyway, who needs teachers. LOL. Because I was so clever I did not think it necessary to complete my matric back then. Guess what, this has come back to bite me in the ass all these years later. Now I have to prove that I am proficient in English, Afrikaans and Maths i.e. the fundamentals, which account for more than a third of the credits required for this qualification.

Any way, I have my beautiful sister to thank for this bold decision of mine. She qualified as an accountant in 2009 at the age of 45. She attended college in Australia with youngsters almost half her age. How brave can you get. She also did not have matric. She then decides it’s time to start her own bookkeeping business (franchise) First Class Accounts. Well Sis, my hat is off to you. I know you will make a great success of it.

Sis and I had a rough childhood (won’t go into detail) but in an affluent environment. We attended one of the best government schools in JHB and could quite easily have done our matric and further education i.e. money was not as obstacle. We chose to leave home and make our own way in the world.

Yeah Yeah, I’m getting to the point. Be patient (I suppose this is rich coming from one of the most impatient people I know)

The point of this article is that Sis and I have spent years working on ourselves (self help books are the best thing ever – one of my favourite's is John Kehoe’s Mind Power into the 21st Century). We never gave up on ourselves or each other. It’s not easy to put the past behind you, but with hard work and dedication it is possible to come out on top. Another thing I actively do is surround myself with positive, motivated people.


The moral of this story is – YOU ARE NEVER TO OLD TO LEARN AND GROW – in fact, as the saying goes, IF YOU STOP GROWING YOU DIE
















So, keep on learning, keep on growing
Jacqui

Comments

  1. Thank you for such a wonderful accolade, you are the best sister one could ever have! By the way, the rocks in your head are mere weights reminding you that sleep is equally as important if you want to achieve great results!
    I often ask, why is advice so easy to give and not so easy to take?
    Best of luck sis, I know you can do it!!! Love you madly xoxo B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sleep advice Sis. Working on it. Thanks for the luck. Really need it.
    Chat soon xoxo J

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment