A New World Awaits

This is not a summary of the book The Biology of Transcendence by Joseph Chilton Pearce , it is what I
have gained by reading it. The most profound book I have read to date.

Sat Prem, asked this question: "Why, after thousands of years of meditation, has human nature not changed one ioata?" "in the same vein, this book asks why, after two thousand years of Bible quoting, proselytizing, praying, hymn singing, cathedral building, witch burning, and missionizing has civilization grown more violent and efficient in mass murder?"

Pearce explains the biology and significance of the brain in depth. One needs to read this to understand and know that with our mind power, we can change the world's outcome.

Enculturation as spoken about in his book, is a state that can be changed but will take many centuries to accomplish and cannot be done as a "religion " but with a change in mind set, one individual at a time.

Religion , politics etc may have caused enculturation and certainly has kept it alive. Enculturation is so rife that this world will implode in violence

Quoted from the book - "Make nurturing, care, love and a buoyant, happy child the entire criteria of social success in parenting. Let parents be known 'by their fruits' that give later peace not violence"

This is the only way to start the change. Power to be given back to women, not feminism, not emancipation but as nature intended. Men to look after and support women and allow them to nurture their offspring in a way intended by nature. This does not mean go back to 'barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen' but to care for and love women and empower them to raise our children in a peaceful and loving, non judgemental way.

Jean Liedloff writes in her book The Continuum Concept about the Yequana people of Venezuela. 
"No child had ever acted in a way injurious to or unpleasant toward another because no adult acted in such a way. Yequana children, like ours, lived in their parents' "unconcious," as Jung would have called it, and this unconscious was not build on the labyrinth of restriction, fear, and shame that we as children had to work through to make us "behave," and that we then inflict on our own children."

I wish I had read this book prior to having my children. Having said that, I would mentally not have been able to comprehend its meaning as I was in a dark pace myself, caused by an abusive childhood. I have spent my entire adult life trying to break the shackles of my past and, thanks to my wonderful husband and children, have come a long way to enlightenment and seek now to continue my learning and impart as much as I can to my children so that they may lead better lives. 

Comments